Saturday, February 13, 2010

Condo Insurance Water Damage My Hot Waterheater Burst & Water Caused Damage To The Condo Below. Should My Liability Insurance Cover It?

My hot waterheater burst & water caused damage to the condo below. Should my liability insurance cover it? - condo insurance water damage

I have an additional insurance on the covered by the Condominium Corporation. I have liability insurance and a claim, but they say, will probably be rejected because it has not been negligent as far as I knew the heater was in good shape. My insurance said that the owner is obligated under me, his own claim to your insurance company file, but she refuses to tell himself that the damage was not caused by him. If this is how it should work?

4 comments:

fighting saints said...

Most likely is the real blame here goes to the producers of hot water (depending on age that is) or condominium association is responsible for maintenance.

Woman among the requirements to notify your insurance company, because I doubt that any other party more, and to pursue the offer without paying a lengthy investigation. Meanwhile, the water damage will only worsen.

Your company has a contract (policy) with her and the conditions of this contract will pay for it, regardless of who caused the damage. Then your company will be able to do if they think after that, is responsible for obtaining reimbursement of monies paid and your deductible.

They are not only responsible for water heater was in his apartment.

werkners said...

In short, if you for liability insurance, the responsibility comes into play. What happens if you do not know that your water heater would explode if I'm not sure that would be replaced. So if you have a car accident, are you for damage your health insurance pays responsible. End of story! I think you need to speak with someone in the complaints department of insurance office.

josh_mem... said...

Their departure should be able to cover these costs. But then, I live in Canada. I lived in a housing complex, where it happened and we pay the insurance in Starta fall, because the fault No one. You never know the look.

mbrcatz said...

Yes, you can complain and say that awareness of the cause of the problem. If so, will the policy to defend you in court. The chances are good that we are not responsible, and said a judge. Then they can have the assurance of its policy, or pay out of pocket.

The chances are good that no policy, if not filing. This means that is out of pocket for repairs yourself

As if the people over, you have a water hot springs, was required as part of its policy.

You can not file on their insurance. You are not really responsible for this, if you tap the furnace hot water with a baseball bat until it breaks.

Post a Comment